We are looking for someone with a passion for architecture and design, you will also need to be highly motivated, organised and have exceptional communication skills.
The Senior Architect will be responsible for taking a lead role in the delivery of projects and will work closely with the Senior Management Team to help drive project efficiencies.
With significant design and delivery experience, the Senior Architect will be proficient in leading and running projects from feasibility to completion, managing entire design teams and dealing with contractors and consultants.
The Senior Architect will have strong leadership skills and will actively mentor and develop junior team members
The Senior Architect will have exceptional time management skills and will be comfortable overseeing and reporting on a number of projects at any one time.
The Senior Architect will be client facing including taking and interpreting briefs, liaising with clients to ensure any issues are addressed in a timely manner ensuring the clients project requirements are always met.
The Senior Architect will assist with opportunities for developing new business and contributing to the company’s growth strategy. This may include attending events that promote new business opportunities and pitching to clients.
The Senior Architect will review creative related work with the Creative Director.
- Ensure the company produces high-quality architectural work and delivers projects in line with design concepts that meets the expectations and requirements of our clients
- Develop client relationships, interacting with clients to determine their needs, work with the client throughout the process and ensure client satisfaction on a regular basis
- Effectively manage projects to ensure they are delivered efficiently and profitably
- Manage and oversee team members as required by the Leadership team
- Act as point of contact for both design and technical queries for more junior team members
- To assist the design team in developing design concepts
- Carry out architectural and design work on projects to the required standards as mentioned in the above Role.
- Provide reports on project information for invoicing and forecast projections when required.
- Prepare services and fee proposals for new work including a project brief, scope of work, timeframes and fee calculations to reflect the required outcome. Ensure they are completed to our company templates/formats and are signed off by the Senior Management team.
- Lead on projects and manage more junior team members as the project dictates
- Meeting new clients, taking briefs and relaying them to the leadership team as required
- Keep health & safety in mind at all times.
- Take responsibility of your own safety and alert/project others of any safety issues.
- Carry out risk assessments when necessary and wear PPE as required for best practice.
- Abide by company policies.
- Advise the Senior Management Team of any risks, wrong doings or unlawful situations.
- Construction detailing and techniques
- UK Building Regulations
- Planning process
- CDM roles and responsibilities
- Contract types & contractual responsibilities
- Up to date on relevant software
Skills & Qualifications
- ARB Registered Architect
- At least 5 years of experience in UK Architecture
- Effective visual, verbal and written communication skills,
- Time management to keep projects on schedule and within costs
- Proficient in putting together presentations
- Proficient in AutoCAD & Vectorworks (ideal but not required)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and InDesign.
- VectorWorks would be a bonus.
- Revit & BIM experience would be a bonus.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, office closes over Christmas
- Private healthcare scheme after one year’s service
- Company pension scheme
- Job Title, Senior Architect
- Reports to, Senior Management Team
- Location, Our studio in Eversholt, Bedfordshire. (flexible working also currently in place).
- Hours, Monday to Friday 9am-5.30, Additional hours occasionally required.
Apply for this role
Send us your CV and Portfolio, along with your salary expectations and a covering letter explaining why you are right for Prosper.